Tuesday, November 4, 2014

How Do you Love?

I received this letter by Robert Faz after a long argument about my passion in writing. I could not believe that an artist like him (pencil drawing, poetry, rap) was asking me to curb my inspiration. I ended our argument by falling asleep. I was saddened. I was numb.

Robert Faz said...
(How do I love?)
I, once upon a time, loved my father, but he soon passed away followed by my two brothers and recently my mother....my world was torn into pieces like a love letter found by an elementary school teacher read out loud as to embarrass the love birds that were caught passing it during class innocently in love with one another...
(How do I love?)
My first love betrayed me , if I deserved to be played or not,she played me....
(How do I love?).....My child's mother, whom I thought was the love that I was looking for my whole life, which I planned on marrying..was good to me but by that time I had found another love called Crystal(the drug)Why did i go astray?? ...
(How do I love?)  It's not the person that I don't trust, it's LOVE that i don't trust for all those I loved dearly passed, affected me and infected me by a disease that's stereo-typically known as drugs and dysfunctional upbringing.
(How do I love?) I now have a very special person in my life but...I've been nothing but a disappointment based on my actions. My words are excellent, but the outcome of my deeds are never to the satisfaction of how it ought to be for my heart has been crushed and molested long before and the way I should love, I don't know.  Lord knows I wanna learn to love not just by words but by actions, I want that more than anything...
(How do I love?)...and I cannot lie, I've failed her with my words plenty of times so that being said...Lord have mercy on me.........

My response...
I cannot tell you how to love others, but I can tell you how to love me. You can't hold me in a cage like a bird. You can't put side-blinders on me like a horse. You can't tie me up like a dog. Love is freedom to be me. Love is freedom for me to stay by your side willingly. You cannot mold me, you cannot shape me. My maker did that long ago. Life molded me until this day. I cannot teach you how to trust. I cannot teach you how to stop hurting me with your words. All I can do is love you, hoping that how you learned to be hurt by love, you will learn to trust love. Trusting love takes will. Please give love a try. It keeps knocking at your door.


No comments: