Saturday, December 20, 2014

Shattered once too many times

You are not pummeling my outsides,
for the whole world to see.
Your words are destroying my insides,
the parts that are me.

My soul, my heart, my self-esteem
gone because of the way you treat me.
You are not a huge man beating a
poor victim. But your tongue is twice as strong and it is shattering my heart.

I turn left, I turn right but no matter
what I do, you are there to prove me wrong.
I am in your prison, don't you see?
I am but a caged bird, don't  you agree?

I have been in this cage before, whether by force or by choice. I have been in this cage in which you hold me today. Let me free, let me free, for I am meant to fly. You fear that I can fly. You fear that I can fly.


Enough of the rants, enough of the raves. Don't you see it doesn't stop there. Pretty soon, my face it will be. One human controlling another, that's  called slavery. You may have a comeback saying you are stuck with me, but I have shown you the door where you can leave.

Stop! Stop now before it's too late. Don't you see that you are hurting me. I had managed to trust you with my frail heart. Now, I have to pick up that heart, just one more time. Shattered on the floor like broken glass, it will not be so easy to piece it back. Each time it breaks, it's that much harder. I just sit here thinking, this puzzle is much too hard to piece together. It would not break because I had it protected. I let my guard down and you broke my wings, my life, my soul, my heart.

You said there was no need to protect myself, because you were a gentle man. You said there was no need to give a half-hearted try, because you would love me until the end. Now you compare me to what I am not, and ask me why I think I'm special. Fool! You told me I was special to you.  Now, I see how special I am.

I blend into all the women that you knew. I blend into all the women that hurt you. Eventhough I care for you, love you, hold you and want you, I will never be but a blending of all the women you went through. I understand this now. Is it fair? No, because my merits are different.

I don't think you ever had the grace of a lady's presence. Whether that lady be sweet as wine, fine as silk, beatiful as porcelain, or ugly and trodden by life's battles, she is still a lady.  A lady deserves respect, gentle care, and kind words. I know, to you I am no lady. I am nothing but a blended whore.

The shattered pieces! The shattered pieces are back! This time I will be at work long and hard, trying to put this shattered heart back into one. I have lost so many pieces. I fear it will not look like a heart at all when I am done. Do you care? I don't think you care. I give up, traitor. I give up. I will not piece my heart together again. I am busy licking my wounds away. I know,
I will spend my time building back my stone wall.

I will take all the time I need. I do not owe you a deadline. I do not owe you a time frame. You are an adult. I am an adult. You tend to your wounds and I will tend to mine. No sorries necessary. 

No comments: