Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Good Morning America?

Good Morning America! Are we still shutdown or are we open for business? Did the Senate and the House of Representatives already wake up to put on their nice expensive tailored suits to go chit chat at work about the budget for yet another day? While they do that, I hear food pantries all over the nation are being overwhelmed with requests for common staples. Federal employees that always provided for their families are having to maneuver the system to survive. I'm not being condescending to those who have used food stamps, cash assistance and other social services in the past. Believe me, I a mother of three, always accustomed to providing for my family for about 20 years of my life. Suddenly I found myself having to ask the State for medical and food assistance. I remember sitting in front of my computer, filling out the necessary paperwork, only to find out that only my youngest son and I qualified for medical coverage. Four years later, my two oldest children still have no insurance.  How frightening is that to any parent? Especially when you have earned your own security and that of your children through a government job and excellent healthcare for almost 15 years. Now, the debt celing deadline is tomorrow.  Truth is we ran out of money for the Federal fiscal year a few weeks back. This is what our 2014 fiscal budget looks like for the year to come, when it gets signed:
http://useconomy.about.com/od/fiscalpolicy/p/deficit.htm  So my advice to you is tighten your belt just a little more because we are in for some rough years. However, the more the American people tighten their belt, the more likely we are to go into a recession. I say, "Wall Street bonus checks should go straight into our deficit." Furthermore,  Congress should stop voting to buy wine glasses for US Embassies all over the world that cost in the range of $400 to $600 a piece.  One wine glass costs more than 1 American makes in two weeks working full-time to raise his/her family. Outrageous!


No comments: