Friday, October 18, 2013

Heart, Soul MUTE

I feel a burning sensation where my heart should be. It is a sensation like no other I have ever felt. I sit here cradling myself, rocking back and forth with a river of tears flowing down my cheeks. Maybe if I hold on tighter the burning sting will diminish. Am I dying? It feels like I am dying. Am I having a heart attack? Yes, that must be it because I am holding on for dear life. I am gasping for air. There's no oxygen! Gasp, gasp, gasp...

Stop crying you idiot, no one is here. Stop crying so the burning might stop there where your soul yearns. You insolent woman no one cares.

I'm dying because, because the burning of my soul, the flames scarring my insides, the smell of rotting flesh. I know I cannot be. I don't want to be. Just stop beating, stop thinking. Do not remember that he is gone... Do not remind yourself that you will never see him again.

You will never touch him, your fingers whisping through the air. Why are you reaching out for him? Your burning soul is consuming you. Your heart will stop soon... Tick tock tick tock the pendulum has stopped. The voices are mute. Your soul no longer mourns. There is nothing left. The river has dried out. You are walking, dead.

No comments: